Thursday, January 14, 2010

Waiting.......

I'm sitting at the hospital waiting today. My mom's husband was just called back to be prepped for surgery. He was diagnosed with bladder cancer last week. The cancer is apparently isolated to the lining of the bladder. So today they will attempt to remove it. They will also do some exploration of the prostate to assue that no cancer has effected it. If it has, they will do what is necessary to repair that as well. Needless to say, he and my mom are very scared, as are we all. We would appreciate any prayers, healing energies, lit candles and what not that those reading might feel lead to offer.

In the meantime, I thought that I'd show you what I did yesterday for a custom order. These are glycerin soaps. The copper moon is a cocoa butter/shea butter blend. The silver moon is a mango butter/shea butter blend. Both are scented with Amber Vanilla.



Cocoa Butter/Shea Butter Blend with copper penny mica moon.



Mango Butter/Shea Butter Blend with antique blue mica moon.



All total I made 4 bars that are 4.5 ounces each. I really hope that the customer likes them. I was going to just pour them into plain molds, but a bit of whimsy struck me at the last minute :)

3 comments:

  1. I just read this. I will definately be sending healing energy and peace.

    The soaps are exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I googled "anarchist" and "cancer", and your page came up. My mom was recently diagnosed with brain cancer, and I'm researching alternative methods of healing. Anyway, long story short, what I'd like to do for my mom is to put her on an all-vegan diet, because I've found lots of resources that suggest that cutting off animal protein causes cancer cells to die. It's not going to work out for me, because my family are beef farmers and think that I'm crazy, but maybe it's something you could broach with your family. One movie I watched, which is really long and not amazing, is "Healing Cancer from Inside Out". Good luck and best wishes! And your soaps look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Hippie,
    My heart goes out to your mom, you and your family. May she be blessed with healing and the abscence of this dreaded, horrific disease. It seems like it is becoming epedimic. I've also read about the successes gained by removing all animal proteins from the diet. Though it would be no problem for me, as I eat very little mat anyway, my mother and her husband are not so much that way. I'm not sure that I could convince them to give up that part of their diet. I have had some success however discussing the addition of various herbal suplements high in anti-oxidents though. Baby steps :)

    Thank you for taking a look at my soaps and for your kind comments. If you mom has to endure any chemo (hopefully not), my castile soap, and dermi-bliss has been helpful to some who have suffered skin issues during treatment. I'd be happy to send a free sample :)

    My husband and I will gladly add your mom to our daily meditations. Blessings to you and your family.
    GW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate them and read each and every one of them. It may take me a few days, but I will do my best to leave a response back.
Blessed Be,
GW