Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Wild Urge Came Over Me.....

It's been a long time since I've done anything like this. Years in fact!!

It's called Oven Hot Process Soap. But for some reason today I had the urge, the drive, THE OBSESSION to do a batch of soap by this method instead of my beloved Cold Process method. Hope my old method doesn't get it's feeling hurt ;)

So, I mixed it up, with yummy things like cocoa butter & babassu oil. Then added some goat's milk and some honey. See, when these kinds of urges, these kinds of deeps dark compulsions strike it causes one to do all kinds of crazy things. *giggle*
Now it's in the oven getting all hot and bubbly! And there's just one BIG problem. I have no idea what to scent it with. I'm wanting to use some that is oh so decadent. Oh so sinful. If you have any ideas, chime in. It will be in the oven for an hour :)

Thought that I'd post a few more pics of the stages that hot process soap goes through while in the oven. So here are two more pictures.



You can see the honey (the dark swirls) turning brown from the cook. Yummy!


Now it's ready to stir, add the fragrance, stir again and GLOP! into the mold. I'll report back shortly on what I scented it with.

2 comments:

  1. Nice!! I've never done hot process, so I love your pics! What about something for valentine's day? I'm thinking chocolately! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I used an FO that was a lovely blend of floral and citrus. But as of today, it seems to be lost in the scent of the milk and honey. I'm afraid I may have to rebatch this. I will give it a few more days and see if the fragrance shines through.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate them and read each and every one of them. It may take me a few days, but I will do my best to leave a response back.
Blessed Be,
GW