Sunday, May 2, 2010

Drinking My Breakfast

This is day 2 of drinking my breakfast.
The doctor told my hubby to loose 50 lbs in the next 6 months. He has a bad knee due to a work related injury. Doc wants to take some of the wieght off of it. So, I'm trying to walk this new diet path (lifestyle change) along side my hubby to support and encourage him.

If your interested, here is our breakfast:

4 oz Organic Soy Milk
6 oz Organc Plain Yogurt
1 Scoop (28 gr) Soy or Whey Protein Powder (make sure it is a brand with NO SUGAR)
1 tsp. Wheat Germ
1 tsp. Flax Seed Meal
1 Handful Frozen Mixed Fruit

I place all of this in the large blender container for my Magic Bullet and blend until smooth. However a regular blender works great too. I personally think that this is quite a tasty smoothie. But I've done this sort of thing in the past when I wanted to loose a few pounds. Hubby on the other hand is not as impressed, but still sticking to it :)

To Your Health!

2 comments:

  1. keep up the good work Daddy! You will feel so much better, and kudo's to mom on being his support system! im on that same path right now, yogurt and fruit for breakfast, big salad for lunch and usually chicken or fish for dinner, if i eat lol! i feel lots better! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. I do it for lunch, but since I'm a Vegan, I use pea protein and no yogurt. I love it. Keep up the good work. Also, just cutting portions down and watching fat will help. ((big hugs)) Patty (I'm not really anonymous LOL)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate them and read each and every one of them. It may take me a few days, but I will do my best to leave a response back.
Blessed Be,
GW