Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Three Days of Foody Soaps

Today I did something I've been wanting to do for several years and have just never gotten around to it. Banana Soap! I've been trying to get some "down" time to do this for a long time. And I decided this week that if I kept waiting for "down" time to come, it would never happen. So, I just decided to DO IT!!

I also wanted to make some yogurt soap again. I'd made some many years ago and it was SO yummy on the skin. so I just combined the two. Using my tried and true Mango Butter soap recipe I added the banana and yogurt puree to the oils and gave them a good stick blending. I then added my essential oil blend and gave that a good buzzing. Then in went the lye water and I blended again. It traced in a reasonable amount of time. Not to fast, not to slow.  I'm very anxious to cut it in the morning. I'll post a picture :)

Tomorrow is a re-stock of our Creamy Carrot Castile. It's made with Organic Buttermilk, Carrot Juice and Carrots. It's a beautiful orange color and scented with one of our own loverly essential oil blends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate them and read each and every one of them. It may take me a few days, but I will do my best to leave a response back.
Blessed Be,
GW